Roadway Express - Late delivery

Late delivery. These packages are being shipped to a job site.

I cant afford to have guys waiting around when they don't show. My tracking number is 6781352533. I talked to one of your representatives but i need an eta. I was told they are going to be there tomorrow.

If i can get an time estimate around when they will be there. Email or call my number is 9092928293.

Thanks

Product or Service Mentioned: Roadway Express Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Roadway Express - Driver

At 1030pm on May 24th a driver carrying trailer labeled roadway express 558742 was seen swerving from lane to lane not allowing others to pass

Product or Service Mentioned: Roadway Express Vehicle Driver.

Roadway Express - Private Drive is Off Limits

1.1
Turnaround Time

A Roadway trailer accessed my business driveway twice on May 1, 2018 at 2:56pm and again at 3:17pm. This infraction was confirmed by video recording of the driveway.

Driveway is marked at its entrance by the highway as "Private Drive, No Trucks, No Turnaround". Other end of the drive is marked "Authorized Access Only, Violators fined $25. Dispatch would not discuss or take call. Referred to Ft Wayne terminal and spoke to "David".

Reiterated level of extreme displeasure over driver's use of my driveway.

Got the same old song as other violators- " They would discuss complaint with driver to see to it that it would not happen again. Guess my next stop is the local police department

Product or Service Mentioned: Roadway Express Vehicle Driver.

Reason of review: Trespass.

I didn't like: Getting the run around.

• Trespass
  • Pr731
  • private Property
  • unauthorized Access

Comments

You are just rude!! What a horrible, petty complaint! MOVE THEN!!

DirectKakapo
to Anonymous #1476491

Anonymous postings lack credibility

DirectKakapo
to Anonymous #1476492

If the complaint is so petty, you should route truck traffic through you home and business driveways. You are obviously very wealthy and can afford the resulting repairs.

Trespass is a misdemeanor as is destruction of property. Stay anonymous, you probably work for Roadway

Roadway Express - Non driving

This fool about tan us of the freaking road

Roadway Express in Pasadena, Maryland - Shipping delayed

Turnaround Time

Last week I was promised delivery for two kayaks on Wednesday morning. Late morning I called to check status and was informed that it would be delivered that afternoon. I lost one whole day pay because late afternoon the shipment was still not delivered. I was then informed that it would be next morning.

The next morning it was finally delivered by a contract company.

The prior day I had to call twice to track shipment and was informed by the contract carrier that they did not get the shipment until late the prior day.

Will never use Roadway again. The personnel at Roadway did not inform me of delays and made excuses for the delays.

I didn't like: Personnel.

Comments

Roadway Express stopped existing in 2008, so which trucking company did you use? Was it possibly YRC Freight?

Roadway Express in Wilton Manors, Florida - Simple Review #1466808940

Wilton Manors, Florida
Turnaround Time

Chair delivered, still in box, wrapped in plastic and still on crate. Driver left.

DO NOT USE THESE ASSWIPES

Roadway Express in Los Angeles, California - Simple Review #1445785202

5.0
Turnaround Time

Been a yellow driver for some time and all these roadway drivers are *** n cry babys take advantage of anything they can and blame yellow for everthing when there company was going under still blame yellow alls i say is quit your *** be happy you got a job lame *** old ***

Don't believe the quotes from Roadway Express: They discriminate against churches.

5.0
Turnaround Time

We asked Roadway to ship a sound console in a wheeled Anvil case from Texas to Oregon. We described the shipment as business to business (as the church meets in a business complex shared with other businesses).

We requested and paid for a truck with a lift. When delivered, the driver asked if the shipment was for a church. I said yes. He made a notation and left.

The final bill included an additional 25% charge because we are a church. We contested to several persons at Roadway, each expressing that they understood and that they would have someone from management respond to our complaint. No-one ever called. They charged an additional $103 to my credit card.

We did learn, in the process, that if the driver had crossed the door-threshold while helping us push it into the building we would be charged an additional $300. Roadway did not forewarn us of either charge at any time. Don't believe the quote from Roadway.

They will add additional charges at their discretion that you cannot contest. When I told them I would not pay and would cancel the card, they advised me that they would come after me to destroy my credit.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Surcharges.

Roadway Express - Labor Compensation Review from Fontana, California

I had been working for roadway for 8 years and then weak *** Yellow took over and screwed everything up. They made us take a wage cut so we wouldn't get laid off and then after taking the wage cut, they laid us off anyway.

The union does not give 2 *** about the workers, they just care for that mighty buck. TEAMSTERS??? BROTHERHOOD???

GIVE ME A *** BREAK!!! The only brotherhood they care for is between them and the money.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Roadway Express in Freedom, Maine - How Roadway was then ?

Freedom, Maine

Im a retired Roadway city driver/checker 30yrs…been retired 19yrs.

Roadway was a money maker before Yellow took them over,then it was all down hill. They used to run a tight ship at times too tight.They were the UPS of freight companies.Ball Busters to be exact.

Sadly union freight jobs are mostly gone b/c of all the non union carriers and the deregulation of freight companies freight rights lanes requirements.

Now the scenario is companies have a 100% turnover rate for drivers…That's not a surprise…Paying less money per mile and poor working conditions. This has created a class of unsafe drivers b/c companies are desperate to get drivers in the seat…A couple weeks of traffic slow downs accident tie ups,and shipper / receivers telling drivers ( on a Friday) they are early or late and can not deliver the load till next week , so they site all weekend with no pay…In my thirty years I have seen a lot of this madness.

Beat up the working man and see what you get…Pay peanuts you get monkeys…

jmb