Roadway Express - Simple Review #1425339165

North Charleston, South Carolina 0 comments

I have been working for roadway as a line haul driver sence 1999 the best job i ever had when yellow freight purchased us everthing changed I would give up a finger to go back to how things were but that's not possible so I will work until I retire

I thank GOD for Roadway Express they changed my life and made it possible for me to give my family a better life

Review about: Positive Experience.

Roadway Express - Freight Service Review from Monroe, North Carolina

Monroe, North Carolina 0 comments
1.3

Service can't be worse than this. Weired driver who wanted me to go inside the 18 wheelers unload the shipment myself.

He refused to even drop it off on the ground (unless i pay him extra pocket money ). When i told him i have surveillance cameras he took off without delivering anything. Called company to complain but the rep " brian s" was same way as much weired as the truck driver. If i order anything in the future i will put a request to shipper not to use this company or i will not be in need for the order.

That was a heavy order from homedepot.com. STAY AWAY.

Review about: Freight Service.

Roadway Express - Management Review

I am not a customer but the daughter of a driver who died while on the job. I would like to know why no one was concerned when his truck didn't arrive at the terminal when it was due.

I understand there is GPS tracking on the trucks. It supposedly recorded his truck being pulled over on side of I-75 below macon, ga at approximately 0200.

Why did he have to sit on the side of road 9-10 hours dead in the truck before he was found? As I understand it, another driver called in the truck number because he had seen the truck there many hours earlier.

Review about: Management.

Roadway Express - Stupidity in Action

Winchester, Virginia 0 comments

I ordered a lawn mower form St. Cloud, MN which was to be shipped by these idiots.They can not even get my address right!

All trucks shipments must have a bill of lading and the package should have my address on the outside. I even spelled my address and they still are confused. It was supposed to come today and no show. I have also contacted the seller to request cancellation and I have had difficulty with the seller previously.

The seller BlueStem DBA Fingerhut and Roadway Express do not believe in customer service. Trucking companies should have a GPS to find my address

Review about: Lawn Mower Walk Behind.

Roadway Express - FreightCenter/Yellow Roadway Overweight charges

Thousand Oaks, California 9 comments

In Sep 2010, I contacted Freightcenter.com to have 3 pieces of air conditioning equipment (coil, furnace and conderser)shipped from Colorado to California. The shipping weight of the 3 pieces, according to the manufacturer's specification totalled 629 pounds, I declared 640 pounds, to be safe.

Freightcenter said that the shipment would take 3 days to get to California. It took over 1 week to finally get all of the 3 pieces. Yellow Roadway was the shipper and they "lost" one of the pieces and it took one week for me to get the final piece. As an additional "bonus", they billed me for $165.70 for an additional 210 pounds of weight.

My equipment, according to the manufacturer, weighs 629 pounds including shipping material, Yellow Roadway claims 850 pounds !!! It took two calls to Freightcenter to finally get them to file a overweight dispute on my behalf. Freightcenter said it will take 60-90 days to resolve. It has been over 90 days with no a word from Freightcenter.

You can be sure that I will not be using FreightCenter and Yellow Roadway in the future. BTW, I am disputing the charges with the credit card company as well.

Comments

What were the cube dimensions? If they are greater than the actual weight, that is what you are charged.

Weight change can be disputed. Your 3rd party logistics is to blame for this, not the carrier. In the future call carrier directly or use freightquote.com

Hello, I am the new VP of sales for FreightCenter and hopefully I can shed light on your situation. When there is a re-bill from our carriers, the original rate you approved was based on a cost per pound. We utilize that amount in case of a re-bill. You will notice that this amount is greatly different than if you went into your Freight Center account and ran your original shipment with the added weight/different freight class. The reason for this is that you accepted our terms stating that we can and will charge you any amount we like even though it most likely will not reflect anything remotely accurate with what we were billed by our carriers and adding a profit.

My suggestion is to not bother trying to fight this since you accepted these terms when you booked your shipment with us and you will not get any refund directly from us.

FreightCenter.com did not intentionally set out to rip you off but if there is an adjustment from the carrier, we will charge you whatever we want and you are screwed

5. Written by HOW To FIGHT FREIGHTCENTER, on 29-03-2011 19:05

If you go into your account that you created and re-run your quote you will see that the rate there is very different than what they are charging you. they break down your cost per pound typically and that is what they use. Also, as you know, you are getting screwed.

I suggest getting a screen shot of that actual rate you ran, dispute it with your credit card company and tell freightcenter to go eat dirt.

they are stealing from ANYONE who gets a rebill and you can fight it. I did! Don't take their *** and post this information all over the place. I saw on BBB they have a C+ that is almost failing! No wonder they take advantage of us.

Fight back against them and you will see your credit card company will help. Also, I suggest filing a small claims case in your hometown since they are not charging you the right rate. They will have to hire a lawyer or get to your city to go to court. You'll win and if they default, you have a judgement against them.

Rockville, Connecticut, United States #281953

In response to D. Ben Cross.

When one agrees to terms there are certain resonable expectations such as honesty, and customer support that go along with the contract. One does not expect fraud or incompetence. To make matters worse, freightcenter does not stand behind their customers, by saying "you signed the terms". It is like the Nazi's excuse after WWII, "I was just following orders".

Behaviors such as freightcenter(lack of responsibility) and YRC (fraud) is what is making America become a third world country, instead of the great and fair nation that it once was.

As Gomer Pyle used to say: "Shame, Shame, Shame". There is a very apropriate website that says it all:

freightcenter-comsucks.com

Email: BCross@freightcenter.com

If you go into your account that you created and re-run your quote you will see that the rate there is vey different than what they are charging you. they break down your cost per pound typically and that is what they use. Also, as you know, you are getting screwed.

If you go into your account and re-run the ENTIRE shipment, you will see it is MUCH less than what you are charged. They take a rate per pound average when you ship and use that.

I did. FREIGHTCENTER IS A SCAM AND YOU NEED TO STAY FAR AWAY

hello i paid 600.00 to have a peice delivered they stated weight was wrong and charged my card 780.00 more how can they do this without my consent i filed fraud charges with my card company so it cost 600.00 but because it was over weight it cost me another 780.00

View more comments

Missing the point on Roadway express

Las Vegas, Nevada 4 comments

This is an answer to the person(obviously a supporter of Roadway and the Teamsters) who commented on my judgement of Roadway. The point is not that the company, or the union is saving manhours/manpower, is is that they are pacifing the crybaby senior drivers.

This means they are allowing them to work premium overtime hours when the junior drivers don't even get their allotment of 40 hours. Simple as that. Give the senior drivers 2X the number of hours they need to do the job required. I know- I worked for Roadway, and it is as plain as the nose on our heads....Senior drivers working 8,81/2,9,up to 10 hours and more just to get the overtime to do a job that should of been completed in 5-6 hours.

So don't pull that "union contract ***" to try to substantiate their blatant mismanagement policies.

Roadway- America's most mis-managed freight carrier; Teamsters- America's most corrupt union. Just ask Jimmy Hoffa......

:cry

... OK first of all I am reading alot of trash from you guys.

And most of it just isnt true. If you are a full time employee you will get your 40 hours or they will ask you if you want to leave if you want you can go if not you stay and get your 40. If week after week you are not getting offered CC they lay someone off. I know I am laid off.

but im not *** about it. Its the nature of the beast if it is such a problem then you should just resign and let a junior man take the job.

He right the senior are working more. then I hear them talk about how tired they are they want hog all the work then wine about their legs,back.an don't have time to mow grass are see my wife an kids.

then one who can get job done in half the time get laid off.

so the crybabys can get all the over time they want. Roadway staff allow this to going on the hours of services are not being check.So when they go down the drian there will be that many more people loosing their homes cars an everything else.

yeh another bad teamsters is local 731-> they will sell you out every time and so will Rock Solid Paving .->dont join.-->shame on you all for your bad practice...

Roadway Express - Roadway and the Teamsters SUCK

Las Vegas, Nevada 12 comments

. After being in the freight business, with another company under the YRC label(non-union-USF), I was leary on joining the teamsters under Roadway.I was right.

Why would a company work senior drivers 55-60 hrs. a week, and not let their junior drivers at least get their 40 hrs?

This to me is total ignorance on the part of the terminal manager and the union shop steward as far as economics go. Screw the Las Vegas Terminal MGR and the Teamsters- no wonder America is in a recession.I will never join another union again.Thank you

Review about: Employee Value.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States #896030

*** roadway.*** scab unionline.they all suck ***!!!!!!

with a drunk illegal alien with a suspended license, and prior DUI's was again drunk in his mommas car, wanting more beer got in the car and drove,! He fell asleep in the middle of the dark 2 lane hwy from Calexico ca. My husband a faithful teamster at the time, rear ended him, no one was hurt. The job said don't worry everything will be ok, I was pregnant with my 3rd child and we were worried. He waited for his MANY meetings that were 6 to 8 and even loner weeks. Couldn't collect unemployment, There was no money coming in, We lost our house, We lost everything!! The Hostile Union people in charge of representing my husband were Rude. My father in law a retired Union member, put some calls in since NO ONE would return my husbands calls, Got into a verbal and almost physical fight. NO Respect! Then with 2 meetings left, and almost 6 months passing, my father in law called about what was going on, The BA said well we sent your son a letter, that there is nothing we can do for him and his position. SO my husband had to here it from his father, and a letter came 10 days later!!! The Teamsters didn't even give my husband a last meeting to tell him to his face and they had made there decision even before they had the police report! With checking on the illegal alien, he was bailed out the next day and probably fled back to MEXICO! SO my husband lost his Lively hood, our home our everything to an undocumented drunk illegal alien and the Teamsters Union that just didn't give a Heck! SO *** the Union, your day is coming.

With my husband applying for another job, THE COMPANY'S HR Lady, just didn't give his pay rate & time frame of employment, she also with out the new company asking, said he left due to an accident!! Can you believe it!! The TEAMSTERS UNION & THE OLD EMPLOYER CAN ALL BURN IN ***. SO remember when you have an accident LIE through your teeth, because the TRUTH won't help you if you're a Teamster. That is why the Teamster will FALL, Me

Mark my words...

"Slob On My Knob (Pt. II)"

(feat. Juicy J)

[Gangsta Boo]

Slob on my cat

Cause you know it's fat

Check in with me

And do that

[Juicy J]

Wait a second freak

I know you from the streets

My *** Hurry T

Had said you chewed his meat

They call you little red

The one who slobs on head

And drinks a niggas nut

Until you well and fed

To see what she's about

I creaped to her house

To catch her in her blouse

And see how big her mouth

She pulled me to her room

To get the *** soon

I didn't have a rubber

I *** with two balloons

Lay on the bed

That's all she said

Her *** hairs were rough

Twisted tight in streads

The fucken sounds were tunes

I *** her with a broom

She rode it like a horse

The blood came rushing soon

When I seen that

Sucks on ***

Sucks sucks on ***

[Juicy J]

My *** D Magic

Had said he finally got it

The true and false blow

He said he had to have it

Know a little freak

Freak horse ***

Had the little freak

In my niggas jeep

Try to spit some game

To get her suck some meat

Lay on the cover

My natural hair she loved it

Stop *** stop ***

Please don't touch it

Took her trough some hoods

And let her *** around

7 street 9 street

And street of walks and brown

Now she's in click

A pro on suckin ***

Until the rugged out

The *** was smokin bricks

Straight trough the blow pipes

That's all she thought

Runnin from the rehab

Never got caught

I did. FREIGHTCENTER IS A SCAM AND YOU NEED TO STAY FAR AWAY

I hope now that FEDEX buys out yrc....screww all you union ***....bt the way....Mike, the ex Roadway ter. mgr is at Saia LVG....time to run them into the ground?

teamsters are communist thugs. can't wait for them to go away!

just a matter of time. LOL

Usf Holland in Cincinnati is working drivers illegally day after day, a big threat to public safety.

yrc and teamster are thieves giving away working class peoples familys lives and yrc takes and takes zollers got his though

squishy ( mike ) is and was a ***

he was at PHX 841 then moved to LV

treats all his employees as third class people

roadway taught him all he knows

It comes down to the fact that the company expects the senior drivers to work as much as possible, so they can be cost effective with the benefits dollars they have to pay. If 20 drivers can do the work of 24, then that saves them benefits on the 4 extra drivers.

The LTL Freight business is suffering from the economy and carriers are struggling to survive. Things like this may be difficult to understand, but that is the way the business operates and both the company and Union abide by the Freight Contract.

to mnmover Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #671178

No company abides by the contract.All and i mean all of them try to show how they can do whatever they whenever they want.

View more comments

Roadway Express - Roadway freight loses our crate and provides horrible customer service

Shelbyville, Kentucky 1 comment

We just returned from a trade show and shipped our 7 crates via Roadway. Unfortunately, not all our crates returned.

Now after extensive research on OUR part we have learned all 7 crates did arrive here in Louisville, KY. However, upon leaving their main checkpoint only 6 arrived to our office. It just so happens that the crate that is missing contained our flat panel televisions.

The situation is very obscure, the driver signed for 7 crates yet only delivered 6 of them.

Roadway's claim is they "just don't know what happened. Advice: Use well known carriers in order to avoid these costly headaches!

Review about: Freight Service.

Comments

rdwy insures all shipments up to a certain amount. if the driver signed for 7 crts and only showed up with 6, that is their mistake and not yours, the insurance should have taken care of your loss. i would suggest talking to your customer service rep and demanding repayment for your loss.

Roadway Express - Roadway and the union unfair to employees!

Miami, Florida 4 comments

My husband has worked for Roadway for 9 years.He was transferred to another terminal and we spent a great deal of money relocating.6 weeks later they laid him off.The union does not protect the employees and the labor practices of this company are horrible.There is absolutely no job stability or

certainty working for these people.I hate Roadway.

Since Yellow bought the company it is WORSE.

You do not want to work for these idiots unless you want a 1000% stress level.Roadway=BADWAY!!!!! We are now in great financial stress because of this.

How can you relocate an employee 400 miles and then lay them off after 6 weeks??UNFAIR!!!

Comments

Yellow has ruined Roadway Express. Back in the 1960's The goverment said they would do all they could to take down the union's.

All unions. And they are making it happen. That Bill Zollars chairman of the board now for YRC he use to be on CNN News channel every weekend. Before he became what he is today.

So I think he's getting paid by the goverment to run YRC Into the ground. But whats he gonna do when the goverment backs out on him.

And YRC goes under good luck hiding!!! There won't be a rock that he can hide under !!!

where have you been for the last 5 years after yellow got there hands on roadway is has gone down hill i have been with roadway for 3 years now year 1 65k,year2 55k now year3 19k what a great company i am on layoff for most of the year and the guys that are working are get 12hrs of work a day .

Camden Point, Missouri, United States #54749

Feel lucky my husband slip on axle gease and fell down stairs at work hit his chest..put a difig in that night. or yea because he was taking high blood pressure medicine it was the problem with lawsuit or judge got a bonus.

He had 6 years to retirement and cause I was disable had to take the 1/3 50% joint to have some income they got away not paying anything. So feel lucky you are still alive to me they cause my husband death

It is not the company that took you down the road, unfortunately it is the union. You obviously dont have a strong union rep to tell you all the things that the company can do.

My husband's terminal relocated 4 times but he hung in there because teamster retirement is awesome. Roadway is a good company who treats the employees well.

Roadway Express gouging!

Lebanon, Missouri 11 comments

Roadway Express has been fudging their re-weights. I shipped a carton that weighed 78 lbs. last year. They say they re-weighed and it weighed over 3,000 lbs. Not likely, but the carton was 17' long and 36" wide so I am assuming they had it on a forklift and weighed that too!

I have since refused to ship via Roadway Express, but a customer wanted their shipment sent this way and charged to their account. We had 5 pallets of merchandise that weighed approximately 200 lbs each. The customer just phoned and Roadway says that one of the pallets weighs in at 2,440 lbs. Each of these pallets had 6 boxes on it with each box only weighing 22 lbs. What are they trying to do here!

I will refuse to ship with such a thieving company! I will also tell customers that we will not ship via Roadway. My vendors will be instructed to not ship Roadway. In fact, I don't even want to see a Roadway truck at my dock!

Comments

24.5 yrs with roadway i made many weight/class corrections both up and down in other words not always in favor of the big R ITS CALLED INTEGRITY.Then along came yellow :upset

I work customer service @ YRC and I do see a few problems with Weight changes. If you have documentation that proves the item you shipped and the accuarate weight, we will be happy to look at backing out the correction.

If we still have possesion of the freight, then we will have another terminal weigh prior to delivery. We are NOT our to cheat anyone and any mistakes made are honest and can be fixed.

Call YRC customer service directly @ 800-610-6500 24/7 If you are not satisfied with the rep you get, then please ask for a manager. We strive to keep all customers happy and appreciate your business and almost always have a way to meet your expectations.

Cube weight? You have to pay for either the weight or the space it takes up, which ever is more. If you can't stack it or stack on it you pay for the max height of their trailer.

I agree on the Blue Grace Logistics comment, give them a call at 877-518-6504. Best service and price...

The bigger non union compinies sat around like buzzards, cutting thier rates, thinking that YRC would not be able to start into 2010. They cut rates and promised better service.

The Union work force took a bitter bill, taking their own cuts in pay and pension and helped YRC to stay in business. Comapnies like Roadway started LTL, fought railroad interest and became the standard in shipping. Fair dealings with shippers and with others Roadway paved the way for great service though break bulks hubs and freight relays which allowed faster transit times, 48 hour service from Dallas Tx to Harrisburg East to NY can not be beaten by others like Old D, Fed X Freight, RL and others. Roadway said High, Wide and Tight.

Fill the trailer to capicity, and you have to run leagal weights, you have to run over many scales with the trucks. Weight is weight. You can not ship your 2,000 pounds as 200. Somewhere it will catch up.

At all break bulks there are truck scales and that is where the metal hits the road. If it over weight and all the shipping papers state it shouls be below 80,000 pounds there is an issue, then man power and time is needed for a correction. This is why the reweights are needed at the start of the operation.

Fair is fair. What you ship is what you pay for and and when you driver accepts the freight that you ship he is accepting your word that the weights are correct and he is grateful for the work.

I worked the dock and I can tell you that that I have personally witnessed many, many re-weighs and every one was accurate and witnessed by supervision.Also I'm hoping that these back stabbing resentful, jealous people from these non-union companies that LIE to justify their own ends aren't trying to take business away from America's premiere trucking company out of spite.

They, these low paid scabs, are hoping to put Roadway/Yellow out of business before the the economic recovery.I wonder just what kind of background checks these people go through before THEY get their jobs. Roadway Yellow check their people out thoroughly.Liars,thieves and scoundrels don't get past thirty days.

I have been shipping all my freight through Blue Grace Logistics. I used to use Roadway until my "personal service" was gone.

This happened the same time Yellow took over the company. My rep. at Blue Grace is Bill Demet. He makes all shipping easy and I get his personal cell number.

In addition, their pricing is much better than a direct carrier. Give Bill a call at 877-306-1274.

Mcqueeney, Texas, United States #9813

pallets weigh about 40 pounds apiece. 40 X 5 = 200lbs Was this taken in consideration. When I worked dock I seen this *** all the time by shippers.

Kermit, Texas, United States #9679

yello recently tightened up on re-weighs at our terminal. it makes sence that all of a sudden their strict on this.

why?

i would bet they did it hoping that dockworkers with enter anything for their advantage. and it sounds likely this happened with this his shipments.

yellow/roadway same company.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #9616

i work at roadway its not the same company anymore since yellow took us over we keep getting *** by yellow things like this never happen before so when you think its roadway think again yrc welcome to there world

Helotes, Texas, United States #9605

What class freight was it?